Over the years, we have been commissioned to make several gorgeous gold signet rings, so we are pleased to now offer it as a standard Scarlett Jewellery service.
Signet rings have made a real comeback, worn as a pinkie ring for both men and women, these chunky rings are traditionally deeply carved with a family seal or crest and used as a wax family seal. Signet rings are usually made in 18ct yellow gold, but can also be made in silver or 9ct gold.
Scarlett's signet ring service
- We find your family name in a family crest and seal registry - usually there are several crest or seals to choose from depending on your locality and ancestry.
- Choose your crest engraving - engraving is usually done in reverse so that your wax seal appears the right orientation.
- Decide on the metal you would like your ring made from - silver, 9ct gold or 18ct gold.
- Choose a signet ring size and profile - they are available in several sizes and with a round or oval profile.
- Choose your optional internal engraving - engraving is usually done on the underside of the ring face.
- We make your signet ring to your finger size, it's then engraved by an expert hand engraver with more than 20 years experience in signet ring engraving.
- Your finished bespoke signet ring is then hallmarked and sent to you in a luxury gift box.
Prices typically range from from £195 for a silver signet ring, £1100 for 9ct gold up to £1800 for 18ct yellow gold - prices are variable depending on the current gold and silver price so please get in touch with your ring size and engraving requirements for a full, detailed quote.
To bespoke make your signet ring we require just a 50% deposit, with the balance to pay on completion. The lead time is around 4-6 weeks, for a completely one-of-a-kind signet ring to treasure for a lifetime. Contact us today to order yours.